Love the typewriter on the tray table.
I pulled back from most of my community volunteer involvement a couple of years ago to reassess.
My previous involvements
- America Cancer Society (task force)
- Chamber of Commerce (board)
- Habitat for Humanity (Board)
- Nature Conservancy
- Downtown improvement Assn. (Board)
- Ran Outrigger canoe racing association (15 years)
- Homeowner association board and President
The resort that I now work at is involved in the Ka‘ūpūlehu Marine Life Advisory Committee (KMLAC) and their efforts to manama (care for) the Kona coastline, including the portion in front of the Four Seasons.
To restore traditional abundance and a healthy fishery, the KMLAC decided to “Try Wait” by requesting a rule amendment to the West Hawaii Regional Fishery Management Area Rule. Specifically, the KMLAC asked to rest a 3.6 mile stretch of coastline from Kalaemanō to Kikaua Point for 10 years; and then implement a subsistence fishing plan that will sustainably feed the families of the region indefinitely.
This something that I can really get involved in and support.
Shot with iPhone - Edited with Aurora
- - morning shadows on the golf course in Waikoloa
Shot with iPhone - edited with Aurora HD